Bring your business challenge to some of the freshest tech brains backed by one of the UK’s foremost creative universities.
Benefits to your business:
- Shape a product that solves a business challenge.
- Work with start-ups that have a clear market and customer base.
- Play a key role in creating new UK-based technology firms.
- Drive growth and business opportunity.
- Support employment for graduates and boost your CSR.
Solving your business challenge:
Challenges must be real, investible and have scalability. Challenges cannot relate to a preconceived market opportunity that already has an identified solution or pre-existing IPR.
Here’s how it works:
- Present to start-upsIf a project is accepted as a Launchpad challenge it will be presented to the start-ups.
- Choosing a challengeEach start-up will choose from three challenges.
- Problem solvingIf your challenge is accepted the start-ups will then begin work on solving the issue.
Goonhilly Earth Station,
Overall, this is an outstanding programme, not least due to the high quality of the people involved. We have enjoyed being a partner and feel we have learned a great deal as well.
All 4 Games,
Launchpad is an incredible programme – nowhere else brings together such highly motivated and capable young people, takes them through the process of evaluating opportunities from both creative and financial viability standpoints, and then introduces them to industry – creating a win-win where the students get to run their ideas past experienced heads and look for business opportunities, whilst the industry veterans get unparalleled access to some of the brightest and highest potential tech startups going.
Sony Interactive Entertainment,
It’s inspiring to see what Falmouth Launchpad is doing. The UK games industry is renowned for its highly skilled workforce, and Falmouth Launchpad is central to incubating the next wave of talented game creators to drive our industry forward! It’s the student developers of today that will influence the games industry tomorrow and, together with PlayStation First and industry mentors, Falmouth Launchpad is at the heart of this talent investment.