Launchpad forms elite teams to create high-tech, success driven start-ups that work alongside strategic partners to develop market demand solutions. In five years Launchpad will create 65 new high-tech companies, support a further 130 businesses and generate 526 new jobs.
Why Falmouth University Backs Launchpad?
- We love working with the best software engineers, digital creatives and entrepreneurs to create game-changing start-ups.
- Supporting start-ups to develop market demand solutions that will make a difference globally.
- The opportunity to launch 65 new tech companies.
- Helping those start-ups to create strategic partnerships with organisations like the BBC, Amazon and Sony.
- Retain the best talent in Cornwall and boost the local economy.
The Launchpad process:
- Launchpad acts at the first investor in each start-up providing pre-seed capital to allow the businesses to develop proof of concept / MVP and to incorporate.
- Pre-seed capital is allocated to those start-ups where there is a clear market need and the possibility exists to develop a globally scalable product.
- These investments are held for the long term to provide an evergreen funding source to maintain the Launchpad model. As such the objectives of growth and investment value are fundamental in decision-making.