Launchpad forms elite teams to create high-tech, success driven start-ups that work alongside strategic partners to develop market demand solutions. In five years Launchpad will create 65 new high-tech companies, support a further 130 businesses and generate 526 new jobs.
Why Falmouth University Backs Launchpad?
- We love working with the best software engineers, digital creatives and entrepreneurs to create game-changing start-ups.
- Supporting start-ups to develop market demand solutions that will make a difference globally.
- The opportunity to launch 65 new tech companies.
- Helping those start-ups to create strategic partnerships with organisations like the BBC, Amazon and Sony.
- Retain the best talent in Cornwall and boost the local economy.
The Launchpad process:
- Launchpad acts at the first investor in each start-up providing pre-seed capital to allow the businesses to develop proof of concept / MVP and to incorporate.
- Pre-seed capital is allocated to those start-ups where there is a clear market need and the possibility exists to develop a globally scalable product.
- These investments are held for the long term to provide an evergreen funding source to maintain the Launchpad model. As such the objectives of growth and investment value are fundamental in decision-making.
Find out more
We organise showcase events for our portfolio companies. These are by invitation only. If you would like further details please get in touch.
Call: 01326 213790
“Creating your own business while doing a MA in entrepreneurship is as intensive as it sounds, but if you’re willing to go all in, a lot can be gained from it. Being thrown into a team of people from various academic and professional backgrounds can be very daunting, however, I have met some of my best friends because of it. Each day in the office is a new learning experience, whether it is new programming techniques or business management tools; it has given me the opportunity to learn a huge range of invaluable skills.”
“As a Launchpad Founder you are a dedicated team player, who brings individual qualities to a high-performing team. You are committed to building your product and business, and are ready to experience great highs as well as challenge tough lows. Joining this programme is a serious decision with potentially life-changing consequences.”
“My experience on Launchpad has been both challenging and highly rewarding. I have been fortunate enough to work on something about which I am very passionate. This coupled with the incentive of having a major stake in the company which is being incubated makes for a very exciting year. It’s certainly not a course that you can enter half-heartedly!”